Sunday, December 13, 2009

IFAC #13: The cheesier side of the industry's favourite jodi.


When I first saw Bollywood, I especially enjoyed three things about it; Kajol, Shahrukh, and the coupling of the two on screen. I wanted to see more of them, and so after K3G (my first BW film), I got my hands on Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (which I liked) and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (which I adored).

But I still had two SRK-Kajol films to watch, two films not so universally loved but still seen by most because, well, even if you don't love SRK-Kajol, who doesn't love 90's masala?

So here are the song clips people rarely associate with the legendary pairing ..one can only wonder why this is.



Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankheen from Baazigar. 90's Bollydisco with all the ridiculousness but also all the catchiness in the world. Sinfully long at 7 minutes but still guilty pleasure gold.



Baazigar O Baazigar from ..Baazigar. Also very long, but so worth it, what with all the delightful costume changes (from Zorro and bride to a sailing couple to whatever Spanish/Latin-American stereotype the next get-up is..) And never forgetting the bit where Shahrukh jumps out of the water with a trumpet in hand. Bless.



Jaati hoon main from Karan Arjun. Truly fabulous piece of farmyard eroticism plus general fun goofing around. I unironically adore what Kajol is wearing. And pretty much everything else, too. I need to rewatch the movie because damn, was it fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if it weren't SRKajol, I would totally hate these songs. xD

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

I gotta say, I have no love for Kajol/SRK. I so much prefer him with several other people and don't really care for her much at all. BUT. That farmyard song? Unforgettable.

veracious said...

rhilex - Me too to begin with but nowadays I might enjoy them anyway for the cheese.

Beth - It is awesome.