Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Aaj Mausam Bada...



Sometime last year, the weirdest thing happened.. Out of nowhere, I woke up with this song in my head. It's from a film I've not even seen (Loafer), starring Dharmendra and Mumtaz, but I had heard it on one of those Western Bollywood song compilation albums I had bought back in the day (this one, where the first two CD's are really good but the third one, covering more modern Hindi tunes, is not really to my liking).

I don't even remember listening to it that much.. But out of nowhere, it popped into my head and I was obsessed, listening to it over and over again during one day, two days.

All things considered, I should probably watch Loafer now.. But sometimes a great song is just a great song, and it works completely independently of the film. So give this one a listen, and hopefully Mohammed Rafi's vocals will worm their way into your subconscious as well!

1 comment:

me said...

I love this song - living on an island, the title lyrics are often quite literally true, in the meteorological sense. :)