Monday, December 22, 2008

Proximity awards -- the remix.

The lovely Shweta gave me a Proximity Award and since I've been seeing similar posts all over my Bollywood-related blog roll. Since I've wanted to do the same but have been struggling who I should mention and post about. I think you guys already know I love your blogs and stuff. To the right there's a list of the blogs I try to follow as closely as possible. So instead I thought I'd mix it up a little and talk about the people I don't link to on a regular basis (as their blogs are not all-Bollywood) but the people who I still love as some of my closest Bollywood-loving online pals.

Dangermousie fangirls everything from Asian dramas to historical novels, and among her favourite things is Bollywood; the angstier and more romantic the better! If I wasn't into Bollywood, her posts about it would make me want to be. Most things she posts about just make you want to get into the things she's talking about. We used to discuss Fanaa at ridiculous lengths when it first came out and though our tastes do not always match, I feel like I really know what pushes her buttons.

Specsy
, the brilliant mind behind Bollywood fanvids such as this Don one, is quite simply inspirational sometimes. If we as white girls actually had more than a snowball's chance in hell to become Bollywood script writers (assuming such a species exists!), I'd definitely team up with her to make some of the best films ever. Our tentative speculations on the sequel of Kal Ho Naa Ho is just all around brilliant stuff. Karan, if you're reading, we don't mean to step on your toes so just give us the go ahead and watch the industry be rocked!

jhana has a trillion times the graphic/vidding skills I do, is my guide to university life, oftens gives me the first review of a movie I can trust (more than Rediff, BollywoodHungama and such) and is the one person I go to when I need to snark Saif's latest career turn (which is often). We've concluded that our taste is pretty much dead on when it comes to comedies but in most dramas, we split ways.

Anita's LJ is locked down apart from fanfiction, so I won't be linking to it, but regardless, she's one of my favourite peeps to discuss Bollywood with. Our tastes may be miles apart when it comes to certain movies, but her enthusiastic fangirling of "Rukhie-jaan" and his various leading ladies is fun and her semi-daily picspams give me a load of prettiness on my Livejournal friends page. She's usually also seen pretty much all the recent movies, despite her sometimes hectic schedules, so she's a good go-to person for views on some films that I'm unsure about.


The main characters of Ek Duuje Ke Liye, 1981, enjoying proximity.

And I think that's it for me until Christmas. Those who celebrate any holiday during this time in year, have a good one! Those who don't, here's to hoping you get a day off.

5 comments:

Filmi Girl said...

Yay for Dangermousie!!! She's one of my real life BFFs... :)

anitarama said...

Aww, thank you so much for the shout out. :) Made my day! <3

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Thank u for sharing ur list Veracious- gives us more blogs to track down :)

Anonymous said...

excellent, will check them out when I'm done eating myself into a stupor :-) Merry Christmas, Sanni!

veracious said...

Filmi_girl - Yay indeed!

Anita - You're very welcome.

Memsaab & Shweta - Theirs are more personal blogs than film blogs, which is why I don't link to them on a regular basis. The reason I made this post was not to specifically pimp them out but to point out their friendship to me BEYOND reading each other's blogs. :)